A Call To Discipleship
The Call to being a Christian is a Call to Discipleship.
To be a Christian is to be a Disciple.
Discipleship is not an Option
” If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself,
and take up his cross daily, and follow Me” Luke 9:23
A Disciple is a Learner … he keep on learning
A Disciple is not one who has “Arrived” …
A Disciple is always on the journey of “Learning”.
Christian Discipleship is following after the LORD
Not following after the LAW
The Call to Discipleship is the Call to Loving the LORD
“And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart,
with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your
strength” Mark 12:30
“Your Will Be Done …”
This phrase “Your Will Be Done …” is misapplied by many Christians. Why do I say this?
Often time this phrase “Your Will Be Done …” is used at the end of a Christian’s prayer. This phrase is used when Christians are unsure of God’s Will. It is this uncertainty of God’s direction and unsure of God’s Will that Christian end their prayer with the phrase “Your Will Be Done”.
This seems to be an acceptable “posture” in the Christian’s prayer towards God … or is it?
I was curious to know the context which this phrase “Your Will Be Done” is being used in the scripture. I did a “Key” word search and discovered that there are only two incidents that this phrase “Your Will Be Done” is being used.
Luke 11:2 ” … when you pray, say; Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name. Your Kingdom come. Your Will Be Done on earth as it is in heaven”. (The Lord teaching His Disciples ‘How to Pray’)
Luke 22: 42 ” Father if it is Your Will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My Will but Yours, be done”. (Jesus prayer to His Father in the garden before His crucifixion)
The context which the phrase “Your Will Be Done” is not that of “Uncertainty” or that of “not knowing God’s Will”. They were used in a “Positive” connotation and not on a “Negative” connotation. When Jesus use “Your Will Be Done”, it was not because He was uncertain of God’s Will. He knew the Will of His Father!
Reflection: Do I know the Nature and Character of God? Do I know God? Do I know His Will? Do I know my rich Inheritance in Christ? Know the Will of God, so that I can pray with confidence and certainty. Know the Will of God, so that I can pray with Boldness and Authority – It is the Will of God that None Should Perish but have Eternal Life. It is the Will of God for us to receive healing (By His stripes, we are healed). It is the Will of God for us to Prosper in Life. It is the Will of God for us to Succeed in Life. (Jer 29:11)
So when we end our prayers with “Your Will Be Done”, it should be on the note of Certainty & Triumphant and not on the note of Uncertainty & Doubt. Hallelujah, “What a Savior”!
7 Pointers To Do Business God’s Way
1. The Holy Spirit must be the Senior Partner of the Business
He is the Active Partner …not the Silent Partner or Sleeping Partner.
The Business operates on Divine Guidance and Empowerment.
It is “Spirit @ Work” not “Self @ Work”.
2. The “Peace” of God should be the Governing Factor in all business decisions not Profits
3. The Business must be done with Integrity and Excellence. God’s business must be holy because He is Holy. When God created the World … He says “It is good”.
4. We must do our Business from “Rest” and not from “Stress”. We look to God for Blessings and Favors. “Unless the Lord builds the house … the laborer build in vain”. Faith @ Work – Believe that God will Make It Happen.
5. The Business is a Platform for Kingdom Advancement. “My Business Is My Ministry”. There is no “Higher” Calling but “Different” Calling. A Pastor or a Missionary does not have a “Higher” Calling over a Business Man or a Plumber. One of the greatest Deception is the Spiritual / Secular Divide. Our “Ministry” is not in the Church Building but in the “Offices” & “Factories”.
6. The Workplace Environment should be an Environment of Support and Love. This is a place where the strong helps the weak and the rich support the poor. This is the place where Love is practiced – No Negative Words … but Words of Encouragement.
7. In Doing Business God’s Way, our Business must be FUN. We must enjoy the business that we are doing. We must be living out our Passion and utilizing our Giftings.
Are you Doing Business God’s Way? These 7 Pointers may be helpful.
“Let Your Light So Shine Before Man That They May See Your Good Works And Give Glory To God” Matt 5:16